CCS stands for Collapsed Cell Structure. CCS Technology is Lake Country’s innovative pad design that saves product by controlling product release onto the work surface. Dozens of dimples in the foam collect excess polish and reserve it until it is needed on the pad’s face (the area that is in contact with the paint). This design prolongs your working time and reduces product waste.
- Slows rate of polish absorption – As discussed above, the pads are slow to absorb products and therefore the paint benefits from a longer working time. The same is true of liquid waxes and sealants.
- Improves operator control – CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed by the operator. Since these areas are not absorbing polish, they serve as little reservoirs until the excess polish is needed.
- Prevents pad skipping – CCS pockets reduce surface tension allowing the operator to run pad flat on a working surface. Basically, the CCS pockets break up the smooth surface of the foam to eliminate the sticking and skipping that occurs when two perfectly flat surfaces meet.
- Creates less heat – CCS pockets provide several points where the foam is not completely touching the paint. This reduces friction and therefore heat generated between the pad and the paint.
- OEM approved – OEM tests confirm CCS pads out-perform convoluted pad designs.
The CCS 5.5 inch Foam Pads are a perfect fit on dual action polishers and orbital air sanders with a 5 inch backing plate. Specifically, the pink pad can be used for polishing to remove light imperfection’s and micro marring